We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed people manager to lead our Technical Services team in their day-to-day activities and support them in their longer-term development.
Where will I be working
You will be working at our Northampton Data Centre, where our Technical Services and Operations teams are based.
What will we ask you to do?
You will effectively lead and develop the on-site team of Systems Engineers and Desktop Support Analysts. Organising their workload for internal and external work you will support the Technical Services Manager in the smooth daily running of the team.
Striving for continuous improvements, you will work to exceed our customers’ expectations whilst managing time and performance.
Working closely with the Technical Services Manager you will be ensuring the department works as one team to achieve departmental effectiveness.
What are we looking for?
We require someone who has a passion for delivery and developing others. You will be interpersonally savvy with the ability to relate to all kinds of people. We need someone who will be good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, whilst knowing how to organise people and activities effectively.
Is this the role for me?
If you can answer “Yes” to the following questions, this role shall be of interest to you.
- Previous experience of being a successful Supervisor within a Technical Services/IT support environment?
- Can you solve problems and communicate effectively?
- Do you want a role where you can make a difference?
- Can you demonstrate achievements in improving processes?
- Do you have a good knowledge and understanding of Technical areas, including 2nd line support?
- An ITIL qualification is desirable, but not essential.