With the advent of low cost tablet based computing, retailers can now bring technology onto the sales floor at an acceptable cost. Employing these devices will enable you to tap into smarter ways of keeping checks on product mix, stock, returns and orders. Unlike the previous generation of Hand Held Terminals, today’s tablets are multi-functional devices, enabling your store teams to manage inventory, to browse the catalogue, take customer orders and process their emails and store instructions.
Merret Tablet Inventory provides both online and offline functionality, integrating all stock and order based actions directly with Merret facilitating actions such as ‘click and collect’. Processes can now be carried out in front of the customer, or in the stock room, as appropriate, enabling you to eliminate costly manual processes
Merret Tablet enables staff to
- Process Inter branch transfers, create, send and receive
- Receive stock from the warehouse
- Progress write on/off transactions
- Undertake a stocktake
- Book products in or out
- Take customer orders through the tablet device
- Look up product through the fundamental central stock pool management
- Provide assisted selling
This functionality is a key component of Merret but can also be independent of your supply chain solution.
Benefits of Mobile / Tablet Technology
- The ability to have tablet technology will reduce the requirement to have costly hardware in store, which is often limited to a position in store. This will facilitate efficiencies across the business.
- It provides multiple users with global availability of handheld solutions.
- Hardware store staff will be used to using, and find easy to integrate in to the store environment. This is reducing the cost of ownership even further as large formal training programmes are not required.
- Fully managed services to support the implementation of the solution are available to ensure maximum availability of the solutions in place, allowing optimum stock management across the business.